Peter Jones Enterprise Academy for enterprise and entrepreneurship. The Academy is an employer-led, national centre of excellence for enterprise learning, and a member of the network of
National Skills Academies. Through its own centres and a network of providers throughout the UK, it will deliver
innovative new provision designed to meet the needs of different groups of learners who want to develop skills
in enterprise and entrepreneurship
Edexcel, a Pearson company, is the UK’s largest awarding body, offering academic and vocational qualifications and testing to more than 25,000 schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning in the UK and in over 100 countries worldwide. Qualifications include GCSE, AS and A Level, NVQ and our BTEC suite of vocational qualifications from entry level to BTEC Higher National Diplomas, recognised by employers and higher education institutions worldwide.
This qualification has been developed in association with the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy. The Academy is an employer-led, national centre of excellence for enterprise learning, and a member of the network of National Skills Academies. Through its own centres and a network of providers throughout the UK, it will deliver innovative new provision designed to meet the needs of different groups of learners who want to develop skills in enterprise and entrepreneurship.
For more information please view the PDF file.
Other Enterprise Information
Government loans extentend for Ex-Military Entrepreneurs.
The government has recently extended its Start Up Loans scheme to any age with a special focus on former Armed Services personnel.
James and Ashley Lawrence, Founders of registered charity Ex-Military Foundation said that Service leavers and veterans should be encouraged to try starting up in business if they are unable to get a suitable or satisfying job.
‘In the US their veterans are responsible for around 9 percent of all U.S. businesses, employing 5.8 million workers. We should do all we can to mirror this success but we should also look at their attitude to risk and failure.
‘The best entrepreneurs and business people take risks – but risks based on insight and sound business fundamentals. We need to educate British business talent about a new approach to risk and I believe that those leaving our Armed Forces can lead the way in this because our Armed Forces have a single ambition to be the best. They have the single ambition to be the best.”
Qualities such as integrity, energy, passion, leadership skills, adaptability and determination honed in the armed forces stand would-be entrepreneurs in good stead. Commercial nous and financial knowledge can be learnt and non-military team members can support the veteran in these areas.
There is a mismatch between the economic capacity of a large number of ex-military people and the employment they undertake in their civilian careers. Many of those who leave the Armed Forces are better suited to being entrepreneurs than they are to being employees.
Ex-Military Careers can help in the first step in starting your journey. Contact us, so we can understand what your needs and targets are in order to start mapping out a personal plan to get your business idea off the ground.
Whether you have a plan ready and waiting, or you have an idea but are not sure how to develop it, Ex-Military Careers can help from business planning right through to when your business opens and beyond.
Those wanting to become involved in starting there own businesses should do so with sound advise and planning, we recommend taking the following steps to ensure your business is both commercially sustainable and robust.
1) Write a business plan: Structure and forecast realistic projections and make a plan for your first 12 months and beyond.
2) Contact Ex-Military Careers.com Meet with us to discuss your plan in detail. You will be assigned a business adviser. With their guidance, you will adapt and refine the business plan. In this phase, your business adviser will help you understand the challenges that lie ahead as you start on your exciting path to becoming a successful business owner.
3) Loan Funding and launch: We will talk you through the various options available to you to finance your business, guidance and support will be provided throughout your journey. We will give you advise and the advantages / disadvantages of the following options.
- Investment Finance
- Crowd Funding
- Invoice Finance
- Leasing and asset finance
4) Growing the Business: Ex-Military careers has a strong mentor and support network, founded by successful entrepreneurs we have a team of individuals who will be able to provide ongoing support while you’re running your business. For more information and information on our recruitment franchises get in contact today!