REED Scientific have an excellent Research & Development opportunity for an experienced Analytical Chemist to assume a critical role in the day-to-day operations of our client's Technical Department, in particular, Calibration, sample preparation, Quality Control analysis, housekeeping, as well as providing office based administrative support.
Duties to include:
* General housekeeping in the laboratory: this will include media preparation, waste treatment and disposal, glassware washing and general tidying.
* Checking calibration and performance of lab equipment.
* Preparation of product samples for research purposes or dispatch.
* Aiding principle researcher.
* Assisting in the dispatch of customer samples and orders including generation of supporting shipping documentation.
* Logging and performing basic analysis on QC samples and report results to Laboratory/QC Supervisor
* Archive QC samples according to current process.
* Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are followed and appropriate Batch Records/supporting laboratory work/sample requests are completed in a timely manner.
* Ensure compliance with all quality procedure in line with company Quality Policy and objectives.
* Answering the telephone and maintaining other office functions as required.
* Preparation of reagents, sample management.
* Sample and test material management
* General laboratory duties.
* Degree (or equivalent) in Life Sciences or related science subject area orientated.
* Demonstrate innovative and logical thinking.
* Willing to offer a 'hands on' approach.
* You will need an eye for detail and work steadily at routine tasks and have effective communication skills.
* Knowledge of microscopy techniques: bright field, SEM, fluorescent based and/or confocal.
* Knowledge of HPLC.
* Good laboratory skills and presentation of results.
* Able to prioritise work according to business need.
* Demonstrates commercial sensitivity.