Reed Scientific are currently recruiting a Clinical Trials Assistant to work for a reputable Cardiff based company. The position will be 5 days per week, with flexibility to work some weekends. This is a real opportunity for an individual who has a genuine interest in the aesthetic industry (health and beauty).
We are looking for a Clinical Trial Assistant (CTA) to support the research team in all aspects and conduct of early phase clinical trials.
You will be a key part of the clinical team providing administrative support to the Principal Investigator and Project Managers. You will also be responsible for the execution of daily clinical research activities according to Standard Operating Procedures, Good Clinical Practice and the applicable Clinical Trial directives and legislation.
The role will involve working alongside other CTA's in an open plan office, the culture is very friendly and team based. You will be processing all raw data into Excel, as well as data inputting, photocopying and scanning. You will also be liaising by telephone with trialists and must be comfortable speaking about the company's product and information. You must be numerate, have excellent communication skills and have a strong attention to detail.
You will be working under the direction of the Principal Investigator, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Collecting and preparing study documentation with Managers and Researchers prior to set up of a clinical study.
* Becoming thoroughly familiar with the protocol, case report forms, informed consent, source documentation and patient diaries.
* Executing the informed consent process.
* Monitoring patient status and safety.
* Performing appropriate protocol procedures which may include real-time photography.
* Utilising bespoke software to calculate hair density from photographs taken of research volunteers.
* Copying, collating and producing study binders.
* Ensuring confidential, secure and complete (up-to-date) electronic records are maintained.
* Accurate recording of raw data into Microsoft Excel.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
Prior experience of working in a Clinical Research administration role is desirable but applicants with a keen interest to work within this field will be considered.
You must be:
* Educated with a Life Science Subject or related subject to an absolute minimum of A-level Standard (or equivalent).
* Detailed oriented, organised, self-motivated, be able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Professional, possess a high degree of self-motivation and have a strong work ethic.
* Able to adapt and take on additional tasks as requested.
* Capable of recognising, and have the willingness, to resolve errors and issues.
* Be able to demonstrate a high degree of integrity and the ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality in all company matters.
* Equipped with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to build effective relationships with colleagues and work effectively in a team environment.
* Able to routinely meet tight deadlines and meet high quality standards.
* Able to multi-task and think on your feet.
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office.