Are you set for a challenge - have you got the drive and focus to make the difference in a kitchen you can call your own?
I am currently recruiting for a Head Chef to join my Cheltenham based client.
You will be knowledgeable in all aspects of kitchen management including exceptional levels of food hygiene, health & safety, stock control, allergens and have a strong financial acumen.
You will have responsibilities in maintaining brand values and menu specifications, as well as being passionate about delivering quality and consistency throughout.
Strong leadership skills is a must, as well as being an effective communicator.
But above all, you will also demonstrate enthusiasm, a positive attitude and the ability to inspire and motivate your team.
In order to be a successful Head Chef you will,
- Work with the General Manager to drive food sales within the business.
- Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients.
- Have experience of managing and building the team within the kitchen ensuring effective teamwork.
- Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- Be expected to manage costing's, margin and labour costs within the kitchen within budget.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be computer literate to a good standard. The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant
- Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
-Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
As Head Chef in this talented team you will be the heart and soul of your kitchen and a driving force within the business, leading a team to deliver great food and an unrivaled guest experience.
You will need to be hands on and want to continue to develop your skills within the kitchen whilst helping to lead, coach & inspire junior chefs to continue to develop using the finest quality local produce.
Your role will involve assisting with the construction and costing of menus to deliver and achieve agreed GP. As Head Chef, you will be given an opportunity to have an input in creating the menu.
This is a full time, permanent, year-round role.
-Currently a Head Chef within a similar busy gastro pub environment
-Minimise wastage and encourage creative thinking
-Adhere to all company and government food safety legislation
-Ensure good kitchen planning to enable a trouble-free service and customer satisfaction
-Help to promote and maintain a good working environment, leading by example and develop the team around you
-Have the ability to work under pressure and a passion for constructing innovative and exciting menus
-Be a problem solver, ready to come up with on the spot solutions
-Hands on, passionate, Energetic Self-motivated individual
-Proven track record in delivering high quality dishes in a time pressured environment
-Manage ordering and controlling of stock
-Passionate about food, standards & results
What we're looking for:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who is ready for a new challenge or an up
and coming, experienced Sous Chef ready to take the helm
- Someone with a background of dealing with high volume and preparing fresh ingredients
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen
- Good communication skills
- A team player who will be expected to build, motivate and develop your brigade to get the best results from them at all times
- Experienced and confident in structuring the kitchen to deliver our wide ranging food offer
from early in the morning until late at night.
- Passionate about what you put on the plate
- Willing to contribute in developing our offer to ensure customers return on a regular basis
- Team player who is willing to support and develop your Brigade
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW!