THIS IS A FIXED TERM 12 MONTH APPOINTMENT WITH A POTENTIAL OF EXTENSION THE POST MAY BECOME PERMANENT,
We are working with a large publicly owned body which is providing site supervision / capital works management of their site in Sealand with over 30 different buildings across two sites, consisting of commercial and light industrial you will be responsible for provide value for money services and to increase equipment reliability and overcome obsolescence issues on in-service and legacy equipment.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible and accountable for the efficient management of services, people and processes which ensure that the sites, buildings, services and infrastructure are safe and compliant, whilst meeting the needs of the people that work in them or visit them
You will lead and manage the Estates and Facilities Team, developing and restructuring to align to future needs.
You will act as, managing the performance of appointed Total FM provider (EMCOR UK plc) in accordance with the terms of the contract.
You will determine the Facilities priorities, proposing and maintaining a programme of works phased over 5 years and leading the delivery of Capital Projects.
You will provide assurance that a Facilities Management (FM) Governance framework is maintained at all times and that processes exist to ensure regular review.
You will manage the Facilities budget (circa £600k per annum) to support the achievement of the Financial Plan.
You will support the development the Estates and Facilities Strategy, lead contribution to the Greening Government Commitment and act as Business Continuity Planning Manager.
* Membership of British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM).
* Up-to-date experience of leading and manging an Estates and Facilities function.
* Comfortable working in a highly regulated, unionised, public sector environment.
* Experience of developing and leading a high performing team
* Up-to-date experience of the Facilities legislative, regulatory and compliance 'landscape'
* Gravitas and professional credibility, likely gained through experience of working closely with Executive Teams and Senior Management Teams, Contractors and subject matter experts; able to provide appropriate challenge and support, with skills to influence effectively at senior levels.Up-to-date experience of the Facilities legislative, regulatory and compliance 'landscape'
* Problem-solving and analytical skills;
* Well organised with planning, time management, budgeting and multi-tasking skills;
* Facilities managment experience gained in both private and public sectors
* A bachelor's degree or equivalent in business management, facilities management, or a related field
* A recognised project management qualification e.g.: PRINCE2 or APMP
* A recognised Health and Safety qualification, e.g.: IOSH certified
* Business continuity planning experience