Major Objectives of Role
Responsible for all Hard FM Service lines to the client and tenants, working alongside the Head of Sales & Soft Services, to deliver effective site management.
Oversee, organise, and manage the workload of the planned preventative maintenance on engineering services carried out by the technical team, including breakdowns, carrying out fault diagnosis, repair or advice as required. Must have the ability to provide exceptional customer service and ensuring delivery against Fasset SLA’s and KPI’s to the Client are met.
Demonstrable experience with hard and soft services facilities management, health and safety management, evaluating tender opportunities, contract retention and profit realisation, training and developing circa 12 staff and management of financial procedures
Core Services Delivery:
• Accountable for all Hard FM Services and specialist environment systems operating within an ‘Electronic/Optical Device’ production and support accommodation environment, over a 25 acre site / 160ksq ft facility.
• Oversee, organise and schedule the workload of all PPM’s on engineering services carried out by the technical team, as produced by the Computer Aided Facilities Maintenance system, QFM.
• Organise and manage all direct reports and sub-contractors as required, and issue tasks through the Fasset QFM helpdesk.
• Provide remote assistance to team out of office hours.
• Identify any additional works and implement on authorisation.
• Monitor completion rates, check legislative tasks are carried out on time and in line with current legislation.
• Complete work sheets for works undertaken and obtain authorisation from the clients’ representative.
• Attend breakdowns, assist fault diagnosis, advice as required.
• Provide effective resource planning to cover absence
• Promote the sites’ reputation for exceptional standards of customer care and service through the Fasset core behaviors at all times, both in and out of the site.
• Attend training courses and meetings as and when requested to do so and be responsible for own development as well as development of the technical team.
• Comply with Fasset’s ethos regarding safety, appearance and image.
• Comply with the provisions of the Company’s Health and Safety and Fire Policy and Procedures.
• Support staff Performance review process in relation to setting Goals that are both achievable and measurable within the technical team.
• Authorised Person:- Fasset operate a safety permit and isolation system at Caswell. This role will incorporate being an Authorised Person with regard to issuing and receiving Hot works, High works, confined spaces, mechanical service Isolations etc, after a period of training and site experience. Authorised Person for issue of Electrical LV Permits (Only if successful person is electrically accredited or otherwise trained to electrically competent level).
• To continually review the processes and define/implement a change that will both improve efficiency whilst delivering a smarter way of working. Thereafter ensure that the change is sustained within the working environment.
• Exceed financial targets across all revenue lines with close management of the facilities department through regular target setting and planning.
• Control cost lines in the business within budgetary guidelines. Make recommendations to Director of Operations on further OPEX cost savings.
• Present annual budgets to the Directors with recommendations on price increases, proposed local strategies and CAPEX (capital expenditure) requirements.
• Recommend and implement potential areas where additional revenue can be generated.
Reporting and Planning
• Based on financial reports and management accounts, develop plans to strengthen areas of the business including new project works, space utilisation, gross margins and payroll to income.
• Recruit, monitor and coach the Technical team (circa 12 staff) in required standards of performance and service levels to ensure that department achieves the minimum standards as set within the company’s Key Performance Indicators.
• Attention to detail/completer finisher
• Good communication skills, tactful and persuasive
• Highly self-motivated and proactive
• Must be client and customer services focussed
• Ability to work under pressure, multi task, motivate, lead and delegate tasks to team.