The Product Design Engineer will work with the Engineering Director to create detailed 3D drawings of new product concepts. They will have an excellent understanding of the technical feasibility of the product and will use their knowledge to recommend the most efficient and cost saving solutions to achieve the brief and deadline set. The Product Design Engineer will work closely with the Product Managers to understand the product specification and create works like prototypes to confirm quality assurance and refine their drawings further prior to submission to the vendor.
Requires hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software (SolidWorks 2018) and be familiar with building processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Create concept design ideas for all brands based on brief set by Engineer Director
* Create detailed 3D designs with SolidWorks software
* Handle complex design assignments under minimal supervision
* Complete project responsibilities within scope, budget and schedule
* Create product specifications for prototypes to confirm quality assurance and develop 3D models based on findings
* Have an excellent understanding of manufacturing processes and their application
* Examine and check engineering drawings for compliance with cited specifications
* Communicate regularly on progress, reporting status as per the project gantt chart and achieve deadlines set by the Engineering Director
* Provide timely technical assistance and solutions to the team
* Participate in project meetings and conference calls as required, to present concepts and update status of projects to key stakeholders
* Work closely with product managers to understand product requirements and specifications
* Generate new ideas/product concepts and be forthcoming with suggestions to build on/improve our existing products
* Required to learn company processes and components by assembling parts and subassemblies
* Communicate and develop/maintain relationships with outside vendors
* Post production updates of builds
If you would like to know more about this position, please do contact Vic Clayton at REED Engineering, Manchester.