We are working with a large engineering consultancy that specialise in Monitoring and Measuring of infrastructure assets. With a large client base in the transport and civil engineering sectors.
After another successfully year and 3 very large scale multi million pounds contract wins under their belt they are looking to strength the Commercial team with another Quantity Surveyor.
The ideal candidate will be a Quantity Surveyor who has worked within the Civil, infrastructure or Rail sectors and able to understand & mitigates of risk in relation to the contracts in enters into with their clients. Also to ensure that the company applies for monies due under those contracts in a timely manner and negotiates and resolves differences with clients to obtain payment in accordance with agreed schedules.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Working knowledge of computerised stock and purchase ledger systems
* Strong analytical abilities and the ability to pinpoint variances in data
* Ability to write e-mails and reports in a positive, accurate, professional and effective style
* Able to assist with stock taking procedures
* Good communications skills internally and externally and must work closely with the controller of physical stock, engineering manager, contracts managers and sales department
* Attention to detail and will to enquire and investigate
* Negotiate with suppliers over delivery schedules and prices
* Negotiate with clients to ensure the company is properly remunerated for work it performs and equipment sit supplies
* Work closely with the credit controller to extract payments from clients on a timely basis