Location - Ulverston, Cumbria (re-location costs offered)
Salary - £40,000
Our client is a world leader in its field, providing customers with a wealth of knowledge and expertise in areas such as LED lighting, night vision solutions, EMI suppression and the design and production of high spec components across the aerospace, marine and military sectors.
Our client is based in Ulverston, Cumbria we are working together to recruit a Senior Electronics Engineer.
Responsible for the design of hardware and firmware for lighting systems based on LED technology, used mainly in military environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Primarily working on hardware design but working closely with firmware/software engineers during software development. Involved in new design projects as well as support to existing production and other areas of the company
* The Senior Electronics Engineer will take technical lead on specific projects as identified by the Engineering manager.
* Will assist the Engineering Manager in coaching other Engineers to develop Design skills and work to the departmental processes.
* Carry out PCB layout of design using Altium Design Software
* Carry out detailed electronic circuit design, including simulation and design verification testing of the new design
* Create designs which involve electronic control of the electrical, optical and thermal performance of LED lighting systems
* Carries out LED driver and Switch mode power supply design using various topologies power up to 200Watts, AC/DC and DC/DC
* Carries out detailed electronic circuit design, including simulation and design verification testing of the new design
Qualification and Skills
* Degree in Electronic Engineering
* At least 5 years hardware design experience within a relevant industry
* Strong electronic design and software/firmware skills
* Strong knowledge of Analogue and Digital design including; microprocessors/microcontrollers, programmable logic, embedded firmware/software
* 28 days Holiday Allowance
* 6% Pension Contribution
* Re-location costs available