Reed Scientific are recruiting for a Transfer Station Chemist at a Waste Management Centre in South Wales to direct and control the daily processes at the Transfer Station, whilst maintaining the highest level of compliance to the company's health and safety, environmental, procedural and statutory goals.
* To manage Transfer Station operations in conformance with the working plan and any other statutory requirements.
* To continually strive towards the highest health & safety goals.
* To maintain, develop and follow company procedures where they impact on operations.
* To maintain the highest standards of housekeeping.
* To assist the Transfer Station Manager/Southern Regional Manager in managing the Transfer Station operatives, including directing their day-to-day work, motivations, training and development.
* To work with the Transfer Station Manager to monitor and improve productivity and efficiencies, including those of the operatives.
* Assist in delivering sector-leading levels of service and customer care.
* Assist the laboratory chemists where necessary, and carry out laboratory analysis as and when required.
* To control operational costs, including labour costs.
* To report maintenance issues and assist where necessary in their resolution.
* To assist with the planned preventative maintenance system where appropriate.
* To assist in reviewing and developing processing capabilities.
* To ensure the treatment of wastes via the treatment plant is maximised and carried out efficiently.
* To assist the plant chemists where required.
* To ensure that all records required by statutory regulation and company procedure are maintained.
* To produce any reports for line manager as requested.
* To deputise for the Transfer Station Manager in his absence.
* To perform all other reasonable duties and tasks as requested.
Education, Skills and Qualifications
* Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or related subject.
* Waste management experience & legislative knowledge.
* Knowledge of SAP.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety Law and hazardous waste market.
* Experience in a Waste Transfer Station environment would be beneficial.