Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Driving License: Required to hold a full, clean driving licence. This role is office based with occasional travel across sites and to customer and supplier locations.
The In-Service Support team is responsible for providing back-office engineering support to the field service teams and end users to enable them to achieve mission success, 24/7 365 days, anywhere in the world. You will be joining a team of highly trained engineers whose decades of experience spans the breadth of the Defence sector and all phases of the life cycle. The team supports a customer base that is distributed across the globe!
This is an opportunity to grow your career within a progressive, dynamic environment with exposure to ground-breaking technologies and systems!
Managing the support elements of the programme, you will work the team to ensure that products are supportable and supported, anywhere in the world.
Responsibilities will include:
- The delivery of our In-Service support obligations, working closely with the Project Manager, Project Engineering Lead, System Design Authority and customers and users
- Providing a proactive response to emerging technical issues, including customer fault reports and technical queries.
- Working closely with the rest of the engineering team to develop solutions that are technically and commercially acceptable.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults on equipment from remote, and on customer sites where required
- Monitoring system performance, supporting root cause analysis of faults and seeking opportunities to improve the in-service delivery performance of our products.
- Supporting the implementation of programmes of inspection and preventative maintenance
- Ensuring that customer equipment remains safe and suitable for continued service
- Cooperating with the field support team to conduct equipment defect investigations, surveys, integration, and acceptance testing.
- Maintaining Integrated Logistics Support documentation and Implementing change requests as required.
- Highlighting resource conflicts or constraints to project engineering management
- Embracing Engineering best practices and processes to enhance engineering excellence and promote continuous improvement.
- Supporting the obsolescence strategies for a product line.
- A higher diploma or bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or related disciplines. Newly qualified personnel will be considered.
- Experience in engineering in any phase of the engineering lifecycle.
- Demonstrate the capability and willingness to execute support tasks on engineering projects.
- Conducted technical diagnostics on systems and equipment.
- Examples of times when you have worked under tight time constraints, in challenging contexts.
- A detail-oriented problem solver, with a passion for supporting the customer, you will:
- Display good interpersonal skills with a talent for building rapport with a broad range of internal and external customers from diverse backgrounds.
- Possess good self, task and organisational management skills.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your work, management, and technical decisions.
- Demonstrate good people and stakeholder management skills, report writing and attention to detail.
- Cooperate well with others to achieve outstanding outcomes.
- A background working with maritime equipment / experience in the Maritime / Naval sectors would be advantageous.
For full information, please get in touch!