Bordon, GU35 9JA
Permanent, Full time, 43 Hours (2 days, 2 nights, 4 off rotation)
Competitive salary plus benefits
Serco are recruiting for a Security Guard to join their current team based at SGS Oakhanger.
The key purpose of the role is to provide physical security services, supporting Skynet personnel and ensuring the integrity of the site and its assets. You will comply with Serco Management Systems: Policies and Standards, GSOPs, CSOPs, DDOPs and LOPs and report to the Deputy Site Security Officer, supporting the Security Team in achieving all contractual and compliance activities.
- Respond to security incidents as per current security procedures.
- Undertake all physical security duties as and where required including patrolling, searching and escorting visitors and contractors.
- Process visitors on to and off site.
- Operation and monitoring of the site CCTV, Access Control Systems, IDS and Fire Systems.
- Issue and receipt of keys.
- Make incident reports in the Daily Occurrence Book and additional report writing.
- Understand and respond to changes in the UK threat levels.
- Liaise with other Serco security personnel and line managers.
- To comply and contribute with the requirements of the Contract and KPIs and the Business Continuity Plan.
- Use of IT services and document control in line with contract and corporate guidelines.
- Carry out continual training and development.
- Any other duties within scope as required by the Site Security Manager.
- Flexible and prepared to cover security duties as required.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Must hold a valid front-line SIA Security guarding or similar licence, Training provided if required.
- Strong security background.
- Customer service skills.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of MS Office tools.
- Full and valid car driving licence. (Manual Gearbox).
- First Aid at Work
- Must be able to achieve an SC Security Clearance
- Security NVQ or similar
- Customer Service NVQ
- Experience of guarding a secure/Military/Government environment
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Wisdom App, Simply Health Plans, and more.
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure, and Hospitality discounts.
- A fantastic culture and supportive team where you'll get the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Company discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting and enjoyable work.
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities.
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Gold Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.