Established over 22 years with an enviable reputation for exceeding customer expectations and low staff turnover, we require a motivated and experienced individual wanting to make their mark.
Recognised as the longest established MSP in the area we offer a wealth of IT services including - PC Support, Hosted Services, Security Services and much more to diverse businesses both locally and throughout the UK. We also have an in-house workshop / shop with an excellent local reputation and many thousands of satisfied customers.
As a senior tech in a team of 9 support staff your role is varied and wide ranging. Working with the Help Desk Manager you will act as the primary point of technical escalation as well as providing ad-hoc coaching and assistance for the first line engineers. An avid interest in new tech and a desire to investigate and research new services is very much encouraged.
- Handle escalated calls from first line IT Call Desk
- Work with the helpdesk manager to coach and mentor first line engineers
- Assist in overall supervision of the service desk
- Add to internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Contribute to overall IT strategy
- Promote the general up-skilling and development of the team
- Proven experience as a support engineer or similar role 2+ years
- Excellent Windows desktop understanding (7 - 10)
- Windows server understanding (2008 - 2019)
- Microsoft Azure experience
- Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Active Directory experience is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Scripting knowledge; Powershell, Python, Perl or other language
- Experience with Draytek routers
- Experience with Veeam backup solutions
- Experience with SolarWinds N-Central
- Working knowledge of GDPR