Do you love all things IT? Do you enjoy engaging with customers, solving problems and working with technology solutions? If that's a yes, you'll fit right in with this friendly team. Supporting a diverse range of organisations, including charities, education, manufacturing and more, there will be plenty of fun and challenges to ensure no two days will be the same!
A friendly and supportive office environment plus good benefits are on offer.
Joining this support team, you'll be responsible for both inbound and outbound support activities; supporting services and solutions supplied to customers. These are a combination of managed, hosted and business IT services, along with hardware and software solutions.
Whilst office based, you will spend up to half your time onsite at customer locations, most local to them throughout Berkshire, but also sometimes taking you to London, Essex and the North West. A pool car is provided for your use.
You're a great communicator and someone that translates effectively to those that are non-technical. Working with a sense of urgency and priding yourself on exceptional delivery you'll get a real sense of satisfaction. Developing strong relationships with our customers as they continue to grow is important.
So, what will you be involved with on a day to day basis?
- Providing 2nd line technical support on new and existing support cases - some onsite, or via telephone, remote control software and email when in the office
- Providing onsite and remote migration/solution installation/configuration assistance as required
- Making recommendations to customers
- Assisting 1st line engineers and handling escalated cases ensuring that the service desk meets its SLA requirements
- Knowledge sharing with colleagues and documenting procedures
- Improving the efficiency of internal processes
They do require you to come equipped with a range of skills, though they encourage further learning and are always sharing knowledge among the team.
Essential requirements include;
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, Exchange Online (365)
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Mac OSx
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016
- Mobile Devices iOS, Android
- Firewall configuration and management
It's great if you've had exposure to Administration of VMware vSphere and back-up software, but not essential. Equally desirable would be knowledge of Windows Server 2016, Microsoft SQL 2008 onwards and SharePoint 2013 onwards.
You'll also offer a relevant qualification within IT or a Microsoft Certification.
If you are keen to join a growing organisation and support a diverse base of customers, we encourage you to apply. They take your career development seriously, and benefits include healthcare after 12 months service.
A quick start is available.