Academic Governance SME
Make a difference every day
- Providing Governance input and advice to the Programme Director and Governance Project Manager in the delivery of the contract
- Excellent communication skills, strategic thinking skills, and leadership of change.
- Work closely with the wider team to develop and deliver a curricula and organisational governance approach to educational programme management and leadership, programme content, design, and coordinate curricula.
- Ability to plan and prepare programs and curricula for university academic governance requirements as per applicable standards and work on the requirements for templates of governance.
- Acting as an internal consultant by analyzing and recommending issues relating to education programs.
- Developing clear mechanisms and specifications for the development of educational programs in accordance with the KSA and international standards.
- Supporting the academic departments of the University in cooperation with stakeholders, to raise the efficiency of study plans and programs, which, in turn, would contribute to achieving the requirements of academic governance.
- Issuing a governance approach to manuals and curricula and defining references in the preparation and development of study plans, which contributes to unifying the structure of plans, study programs, and work mechanisms in the university.
- Preparation of curricula and syllabuses.
- Research best practices in governance design and development.
- Analyse current academic programs and student achievement.
- Collect feedback from stakeholders and devise plans for improvement.
- Liaise with educational institutions and other stakeholders.
- Develop new curricula and build-in subject matter expertise.
- Create and maintain a database of educational sources of information.
- Develop assessment strategies for all curricula.
- Monitor delivery progress of assigned curricula and suggest revision and adjustments.
- Present findings in a concise and clear manner that eases effective decision making.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Extensive experience of University governance.
- In-depth understanding of current The KSA's governance policy and practices.
- Knowledge of best practices.
- Familiarity with national and international standards, governance methods and techniques.
- Ability to interpret and analyse data to inform governance -focused decisions.
- In-depth knowledge of the KSA educational system.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders.
- A first-degree in a related field (or equivalent).
- (Desirable) PRINCE2 qualified (or equivalent).
- Deliver a governance plan from raw data to delivery.
- Ability to assist others to plan and prepare programs and curricula to match University academic governance requirements as per NCAAA standards and work on the requirements for templates of governance, such as (T3-T4).
- Ability to:
- Prepare and formulate strategic and operational plans.
- Analyse data, extract statistics, and display results.
- Help the Client and their stakeholders to prepare their plans.
- Acting as an internal consultant by analysing and recommending issues related to governance matters.
- Developing clear governance mechanisms and specifications for the development of educational programs in accordance with National and international standards.
- Supporting the academic departments of the future University along with relevant stakeholders, to raise the efficiency of study plans and programs, which, in turn, would contribute to the achievement, and the requirements of, academic governance.
- Design, develop and distribution of fully referenced manuals, syllabuses, curricula, study plans, study programs, and an approach to student activity that will meet governance and governance mechanisms.
- Positively influence key stakeholders within the Contract and business areas.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Handle confidential information appropriately.
- Liaise in a professional manner with staff at all levels within the Client's organisation and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to develop self and contribute to the development of others across the Team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Extremely strong analytical skills.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.