We are recruiting for an ADDITION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST to join our client, an International Chemical Manufacturer on a contract basis (initially 12 months).
This role will involve completing projects as required (approximately 2-3 per month) - each typically lasting between 3-7 days.
This role falls outside of IR35 and the rate on offer is around £300-£320 per day - expenses and travel will be paid in addition to this.
Although based in Teesdale, this role will involve significant European travel, up to 60% will be away from the Teesdale sites; assisting refineries (both domestic and international) as required.
- Perform Factory Acceptance Tests for controllers and loaders in Europe
- Carrying out scheduled preventative maintenance servicing at Refineries throughout Europe
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing addition system issues
- Must be willing and able to travel to refineries throughout Europe (occasionally with just a few hours notice) before fault finding and repairing as required
- Answering technical questions from clients and providing telephone assistance to refinery maintenance staff to help solve problems as necessary
- Assisting in developing design enhancements for company addition systems being used internationally
- Performing commissioning, on site training and maintenance related to addition and control systems
- Assisting in developing and publishing professional quality installation, operating and maintenance manuals for company addition systems
- Assisting with controller assembly and final Quality Control inspection for control systems in Europe
- Assisting the Control Systems Manager with development of new projects
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in related field
- Hold relevant qualifications
- Programming HMI via Machine Edition SCADA package
- Ability to program GE and Allen Bradley PLC's and HMI's
- Basic understanding of instrument and electrical engineering standards and engineering terms
- Must have the ability to diagnose and fix instrumentation faults, including simple electrical circuits, PLC's, and communications loops
- Thorough understanding of I&E and refinery safe work practices
- The ability to provide written maintenance reports in a concise and technically coherent manner
- Ability to use engineering drawing software such as AutoCAD to enable design changes to be made quickly and efficiently
- Must be fully computer literate - highly skilled in using full MS Office package including Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to diagnose and fix the majority of software configuration problems that arise on their computer
- Understanding of powder flow characteristics, and the ability to troubleshoot powder flow problems
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and enjoy challenges
Guidant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.