At Daniel Owen, we are looking for a Mobile Air-Conditioning Engineer to join one of our clients. They are a large facilities Management company that have contracts through the North-west and North-East.
Job Type: Air Conditioning Engineer
- Ensure all PPM is carried out in accordance with the maintenance specification and documented in real time using the PDA to log start/wait/stop completion and travel times with appropriate comments to evidence completion of work.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator. Complete supplementary documentation / E-Forms relating to the maintenance task as dictated by your line manager.
- Update customers CAFM system in real-time with start/wait/stop completion times and provide full description of works undertaken, advising of any follow-on works required.
- Ensure reactive tasks throughout the sites are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. Identify and record all plant failures using quotation forms and issue to line manager. This is to be indicated and recorded within the CAFM system.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order. In accordance with the delegated authority with the applicable contract or authorised by the client.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works. To provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works.
- Undertake Point of Work Risk Assessment (POWRA) prior to starting work evidencing it is safe to proceed. Note any safety concerns using the AIMS system
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To always include the wearing of uniform and PPE.
- To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with the Companies Technical and SHEQ processes and client requirements (or approved client system).
- Undertake mandatory training and skill related training as required by the business.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of Staff, Sub-Contractors and the Client representatives.
- Ensure the professional image of Our Company is always presented to Clients. Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of Our Company are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Supervising and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance.
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's.
- To attend site in response to breakdowns or failures of the equipment outside of normal working hours (call outs). Take part in the regional on-call rota.
- There will be a requirement to work out of hours to fulfil our maintenance commitments of our customers.
- Undertake regular audits of vehicle / tools to ensure they are in safe working order, including all test equipment is in date
- Maintenance and repair of AC Installations
- Excellent fault finding and diagnosis skills a must.
- Carry out Installation work and complete appropriate Certification
- Operation and interrogation of BMS
- Basic knowledge in building fabric repairs
- A recognised industry qualification will be required, and previous experience is essential.
- FGas certification essential
- Trade qualified AC Engineer with appropriate post apprenticeship experience desirable.
- Must have a full clean drivers' licence.
- Legionella awareness (preferable - can provide training)
- Asbestos awareness (preferable but not essential)
- MEWP Licence (preferable but not essential)
- First aid trained (preferable but not essential)
- Computer literate
- Good communicator
- Able to deal diplomatically with the client's demanding personnel
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Able to work as part of a team
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- To always maintain a clean and smart appearance
- Physically fit
- Fluent in English both written and oral.
- Must be available to participate in an out of hour's standby rota.