Airspace & Procedure Design Specialist
Make a Difference Everyday
The main purpose of this role is to design and maintain visual and instrument flight procedures and aeronautical charts according to the ICAO PANS-OPS criteria and Annex 4 specifications; to assist by preparing regulatory and AIM publication submissions; to provide the data files for flight procedures in AIXM5.1 format as a part of digital data exchange and to represent 'dans', when required, at the discretion of 'dans' among various stakeholders by participating at meetings etc. in the country or abroad
- Assist the Senior Specialist Airspace & Procedure Design in ensuring the flight procedures design is carried out in accordance with applicable ICAO standards / documents, recommended practices, procedures, guidance material and relevant UAE regulations.
- Collecting the airspace and IFP design data from recognized sources, validating for accuracy, resolution, integrity, reference geodetic and elevation datum and effective dates.
- Creating, editing, modifying aeronautical charts by presenting designed flight procedures and in accordance with the AMD Airspace and Flight Procedures Design Manual, Civil Aviation Regulations and International Standards and Recommended Practices.
- Coordinate across all stakeholders and regulators when proposing changes to the airspace plan to improve airspace utilisation based on traffic requirements while maintaining safety.
- Liaise with 'dans' Safety Department, with a view to identify safety, efficiency and environmental issues of the designed procedures and airspace.
- Assist in obtaining approvals from the appropriate authorities for changes made in the airspace plan and new procedure designs.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Technical University degree or equivalent; or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Validated as procedure design specialist in accordance with the ICAO PANS-OPS criteria.
- Training in Quality Management preferable.
- Knowledge and understanding of flight procedure design applicable ICAO Standards and recommended practices and procedures.
- Knowledge in functions of airspace management (ASM) as governed by the ICAO Annex 11 of the Convention to the International Civil Aviation, the PANS-ATM, the PANS-OPS and a range of ICAO guidance material on PBN, RNP AR, RVSM and the general concept of separation standards.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Must have aviation experience
- Experience in the ICAO PANS-OPS Design criteria and Performance Based Navigation (PBN) concept
- Experience and proficiency in use of relevant procedure design computer software as well as AutoCAD or similar charting programs including, but not confined to, desktop publishing and MS Office
- Experience in aeronautical, obstacle and terrain databases and data exchange, preferable.
- Experience in flight operations either as a flight crew or ATC, preferable.
- Successfully completed the ICAO PANS-OPS course or equivalent instrument flight procedure design course
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.