Specifying EGSE and overseeing procurement as well as day to day support of the electrical test racks used during spacecraft build and test. The job includes validation and routine maintenance as well as configuring, maintaining and administering the computers on the EGSE network.
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of electronic and RF test racks
- Fault finding skills down to board and component level
- Network and computer administration in Windows and Linux environments
- Good documentation skills (procedures, reports etc.)
- Knowledge of interfaces such as Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN bus, RS232/422 etc.
- ATE environments such as PCI, VXI, PXI etc.
- Competent in the use of a variety of general purpose lab test equipment
- Knowledge of test systems
- Design, manufacture and commissioning of test systems
- Willing to support shifts and travel overseas on test campaigns as required
- Maintenance and fault finding of electronic/RF test racks
- Computer system and networks administration
- Programming and scripting languages
- Environmental and launch test campaign
- Preparing test specifications for test racks, reviewing data packs from suppliers and supporting reviews of test equipment design and non-conformances
- Experience of electrical integration of equipment on a spacecraft.
- Working knowledge of TMTC Databases.
- Writing test sequences/scripts for execution of spacecraft systems tests including FDIR from the Central Checkout System (CCS).
- Experience of environmental and launch test campaigns.
- Familiar with the Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Programming and scripting languages, in particularly writing and debugging Linux/Unix bash scripts is an advantage. Knowledge of a programming language such as C, Java, python, TCL, VBA
High Tech Manufacturing
Education & Training
Minimum of a degree in an Electrical Engineering related discipline or relevant experience in a similar role >5 years
Monday to Friday days - expectation of working extra hours mid-week & weekends
Sometimes: Monday to Friday - fortnightly rotating double day shifts - regular opportunity for extra hours mid-week & weekends
Potential travel to overseas sites if contract extended to cover EVT campaign. No travel planned for first year of project.
Possible extension after initial contract duration
Base of Work
This role will be working on site full time - free parking is provided for this role in a local car park approximately fifteen minutes' walk from site
Reason for vacancy
Two stage interview - telephone & on-site (TBC)
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.