Alarm Room Operator - KSA National - Subject to Contract Award
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The purpose of the Alarm Room Operator is to conduct test and monitor efficiencies for emergency alarms in airport operations centre.
- Man the alarm control room in the fire station on a shift basis and dispatch fire vehicles/ equipment as required to cope with all reported emergencies/ alarms.
- Continuously monitor the incoming signals and information concerning fire, emergency, and tests that originate from the Airport Operations Center, Air traffic Control Tower and the Airport buildings fire alarm and detection systems.
- Identifies problems within own area of remit and takes responsibility for finding a solution regardless of the causes.
- Identifies innovative ideas and solutions for everyday work problems that contribute to on-going continuous improvement, and which add value to the customer.
- Remains calm in uncertain or challenging situations and consistently behaves in a manner that is acceptable to others.
- Takes responsibility for own personal impact and development, focusing on increasing self-awareness as well as identifying new areas for learning and professional development
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Shows respect for individual differences and perspectives amongst colleagues.
- Effectively manages their time, resources and relationships to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Supports the development of colleagues through provision of timely and constructive feedback and by willingly sharing own skills, knowledge and networks.
- Medically and physically fit
- Preferable with similar experience
- Qualified NFPA
- KSA National
- Tertiary Qualification in Fire Services is desirable
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.