Asset Overhaul Engineer
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Since 1947, Serco Middle East has been supporting governments to deliver public services across various sectors (Transport, Healthcare, Citizen Services and Defence), enabling transformation and ensuring the delivery of world class services. We are extremely proud of our partnerships with government and semi-government entities and what we continue to achieve together.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Maintenance Manager in leading the team that will deliver the overhaul of assets of the Palm Monorail.
In the Middle East, we employ more than 5,500 people across four countries including the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iraq. Our employees remain our greatest asset.
- Lead and give guidance to several asset maintenance teams in carrying out the overhaul of the monorail assets
- Plan and allocate resources to all aspects of overhaul activities on a day-to-day basis
- Supervise routine and specialist vehicle inspections, inspecting parts for surface defects, changing of consumable items, perform minor repairs
- Supervise train overhauls, major repairs, fault investigation and corrective maintenance
- Give guidance to the Asset Maintenance Technicians and Asset Response Officers on the testing of functional performance of electromechanical assemblies using various test instruments, replace, install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, align, fit, and assemble component parts, using electronics tools, hand tools, power tools, fixtures, templates, and microscopes.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with staff at all levels within the organisation
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks safely and efficiently
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong supervisory skills
- A mature proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem-solving capability.
- Ideally a degree holder or equivalent in Engineering
- Understanding of train operation controls such as train supervision, train regulation, manual route setting
- Good literacy, numerical and analytical skills
- Understanding of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Able to read technical documentations and drawings
- Minimum 7 years' experience of relevant working experience in the maintenance of railway assets
- Minimum 5 years' work experience as a qualified electrical, mechanical, or electro-mechanical technician in maintaining and repairing electrical (HV), mechanical and electronic systems, Monorail experience is highly preferable.
- Thorough understanding of station operations and associated activities, policies, procedures and Key Performance Indicators.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do is important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do