Asset Response Officer
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The purpose of this position is to assist the Asset Maintenance Team in providing effective technical support on all aspects of maintenance related works.
- Carry out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor Carry out labour-oriented maintenance activities, capable to use basic tools such as wrenches, hammers, multi-meters, etc.;
- Assist the Asset Maintenance Technicians in responding to incident on the track, viaduct, electrical, mechanical and electronics systems in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist the Asset Maintenance Technicians in day-to-day maintenance and preventive tasks
- Carry out preventive maintenance check of cleaning equipment such as industrial vacuum cleaner, high pressure cleaning machine and other specialised cleaning equipment
- Assist the Asset Maintenance Technicians or other technical support staff to identify different types of cleaning methods including cleaning and restoration treatments
- Provide support to the senior engineers in administrative task such as collating reports, etc.
- Maintaining Electrical, Mechanical or Electronic systems relating to Rolling Stock, Automatic Train Control and Communications.
- Maintaining high voltage traction supply system
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Able to write simple reports and drawings as required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Minimum 1 year of relevant working experience in the maintenance of buildings and structures activities, such as general structural maintenance and repairs of buildings, viaducts and tunnels;
- Experience in structural stitching, grouting, scaffolding, pressure pointing, re-casing and general structural repairs is preferable;
- Understand and with experience in adhering to structure work instructions.
- Six Sigma certification is a preference (yellow belt/green belt/black belt)
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do is important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.