Assistant Finance Business Partner
West Midlands - Remote Based
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 + Car Allowance
VIVO is a new business, formed to deliver infrastructure, asset and facilities management services into the UK Defence Sector. VIVO is a 50:50 Joint Venture between Serco and Engie.
The role will provide dedicated finance support to a portfolio formed from a subset of VIVO Defence Services Limited's structure.
- Supporting the Business Partner in working with the management and operational teams to provide effective finance business partnering.
- Ownership of management accounts within the contract's overall remit, producing journals, reviewing transactions and postings, ensuring that the financial records are accurate and appropriately provisioned. This role will plan a key role in preparation of monthly results and the subsequent provision of management information to inform decision making.
- Support the annual budget and target setting exercises, underpinned with periodic rolling forecasting, informed by budget holders and supported with information and experience gleaned from successful business partnering.
- Support in the production of KPIs and management reporting mechanisms built from the data available within the current system set up, along with ability to ensure that data collected within the systems is appropriate and accurate.
- Supports in the regular review of risks and opportunities arising from commercial and operational activities; working with business leads to and Business Partner to create risk mitigation plans and track actions.
- Work with the commercial and billable work's teams, understanding the way that revenues and costs are earned / incurred and ensuring accounting records report accurately both work complete and work in progress.
- Support the Business Partner in ensuring billing and cash collection remains centre stage on the contract and across the SLT at all times, putting measures in place to report on any delays in billing or cash collection and supporting the contract in commercial and financial discussions to get resolution should any cash issues arise.
- Provision of ad hoc analysis as required for business evaluation and strategy planning.
- An active participant in varying projects arising across the business, as required from time to time, including compiling information to support business cases
- Adhere to all financial policies and procedures and support the Business Partner in ensuring all teams across the contract do the same.
- Take responsibility for your own personal development, ensuring that you keep up to date with relevant training and knowledge and actively seek to grow your understanding and skills. The assistant finance business partner is there to support the finance business partner in providing dedicated financial information to underpin decision making on the contracts.
- Part-qualified / studying towards a relevant professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
Knowledge & Experience:
- Understanding of accounts, month end processes, journal prep and financial reporting.
- Understanding of the principles of accounting under IFRS and the need to adhere to strict accounting rules.
- A good commercial awareness.
Location will be flexible, with a mixture of home working and a regular requirement for travel (weekly) within the UK to support VIVO Leadership and to meet team, customer and business needs. The ability to flex this pattern, sometimes on short notice, is essential.