This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about having a hands on approach their work whilst leading by example. We are looking for an individual with good communication and problem solving skills, a strong leader that possesses a high quality standard and influences others to take the same approach.
Assistant Yard Foreman will have direct reporting line to the Yard Foreman, Providing assistance in heading a team of Yard operatives, you will be responsible to assist and oversee routine and repair maintenance and modifications to units in a proficient and timely manner and in line with company quality standards ensuring that our containers are well maintained and available to for hire to our customers. You will have an eye for detail and the ability to plan and forecast work.
The ideal candidate would have some experience of the hire industry, however this is not essential as training and coaching would be provided.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday + weekends (overtime) and flexible working hours between 6am - 6pm.
In addition to your Yard Operative duties the following key tasks are required:
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for the Yard Foreman
- Support the Yard Foreman with the smooth running of the Yard and day to day operational decisions.
- Liaise with the Yard Foreman and Branch Manager when stock levels depreciate which allows the branch to handle stock levels.
- Lead by example and ensure that all employees adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety procedures at all times.
- Ensure any Health and Safety breach of policy is reported to the Branch Manager or Yard Foreman
- Ensure the yard and workshop is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Liaise with the Yard Foreman to ensure that weekly meetings are set up to discuss any pending issues or problems.
- Support the Yard Operatives with any training issues they have and evaluate and assess with the Yard Foreman any training needs of the Yard Operatives.
- Promote Mobile Mini’s core values to the yard team at all times and lead by example
Competencies and qualifications
- Previous supervisory experience would be beneficial
- Previous experience in joinery, basic electrics, plumbing or welding is essential
- Valid Driving Licence
- CSCS preferred, but training will be provided
- Computer literate
- Flexible and willing to support the needs of the business
- Highly motivated with the ability and desire to make a difference
- Take ownership for improving safety standards and creating a safety first environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Be passionate about providing exceptional customer service and putting the customer at the heart of everything they do.
- Always maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Competitive salary + possible overtime
- Company bonus
- 31 days holidays, including bank holidays which will increase with service up to 34 days.
- Training and career progression plans
- Opportunity to buy and sell up to 4 days holiday
- Friendly and supportive environment with a family like atmosphere
- Paid opportunities to volunteer
- A range of company benefits including Perkbox membership with access to free perks and discounts from big brands!
- Free life assurance cover for 3x annual basic salary
- Free company medical health plan with Medicash offered to all employees from day one!
- Long Service Awards
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Mobile Mini, we are committed to creating an inclusive culture which encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices and opinions of our employees in line with our Number 1 Golden Rule ‘People are our Most Valuable Asset’