Assistant / Junior Quantity Surveyor
London / South London
£35K - £45K
Daniel Owen has an exciting opportunity for a Assistant / Junior Quantity Surveyor. To provide support and aid the successful delivery of the allocated scheme whilst maintaining the highest possible standards and relationship with Clients and Sub Contractors alike. Working projects within the educational and warehouse variety.
- Provide support to line manager and support other members of the team to achieve successful project delivery.
- Take financial control of section of project.
- Aspire to the very highest standards of quality, service and business performance.
- Tackle difficult issues early by promoting early resolution to problems.
- Ensure accurate, real time reporting where required.
- Achieve project targets whilst maintaining client and supply chain relationships.
- To assist with Sub Contractor Procurement, Subcontract orders and general Contract Administration ensuring these are completed to the necessary deadlines.
- Collate and keep up to date tracking documents such as the subcontract procurement schedule, collateral warranty tracker and the like at the direction of the Project Surveyor.
- Be commercially aware of the environment around you by applying common sense, good judgement, and demonstrating financial understanding.
- Adopt best practice by fully complying with our standards, documents library, forms library and business unit procedures.
- Work closely with management learning and shadowing them and their day to day duty.
- Promote and achieve early resolution to problems.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Surveyor. Experience working projects around Education, Warehouses and Offices would be ideal.
- Organisation and communication skills are to be to a high degree.
- Knowledge of H&S policy and legislation
- Experience with drawing and a good understanding would be ideal but not required
- Use of Viewpoint 4P, SnagR, M-Site, Work Wallet and basic computer skills would be ideal but not required
- £35,000 - £45,000 per annum.
- Millage Allowance / Paid hotels when traveling
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- State Pension option
- Strong career progression
- Company phone
- Exciting projects
If this sounds like a role that suits your profile, then feel free to get in touch.