To assist the production planners with planning operations which will include taking a proactive role with the use of the Work Management Tool.
To undertake low level planning tasks using pre-existing libraries in both CR and Work Package format.
Additional duties include but not limited to - sourcing documents, creating work packs, checking/updating locations, document references and work instructions, ensuring suitability to complete the task. All documents should be ready for production and controls in place according to the current process.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure that all relevant information is gathered to allow for effective planning activities.
- To undertake low level planning tasks using pre-existing libraries in both CR and Work Package format.
- Ensure all pre-requisites are met to allow Service Orders to be progressed from the Yellow Board to the Green board on the Work Management Tool. This includes ensuring all service orders have a recordable flag, locations etc.
- Create work packs ready for production this includes but not limited to printing drawings documents, reference material etc.
- Confirming work instructions have the correct pre-requisites to complete the task with all correct document references including clear instructions.
- Assist all areas of the Planning Team as requested by the Planning Operations Manager.
- Create and maintain, with guidance any work scope spreadsheets as deemed necessary.
- Raise Change Request Notifications as directed.
- Maintain a close relationship with the Production Planners to ensure that we continuously improve and benchmark our planning and estimating norms.
- Training where applicable new starters/Apprentices.
- Ensure pre-requisites are advanced to Green, to allow production to deliver, in accordance with schedule.
- Develop knowledge of more advanced production planning.
Regularly communicates and advises.
IWT and Engineering Production Staff , Capability Managers, Commercial, Supply chain, Project Schedulers and Project Manager and Assistant Project Manager COM/JPTs.
SFM, Ship staff, sub Contractors, CAAS, DE&S
- PC literate and competent with Microsoft Excel/Access and able to use an ERP system without supervision to undertake the planning role.
- Logical, analytical and structured approach to problem solving
- Self management and motivation to identify and deliver tasks within acceptable time frames with minimal guidance and supervision
- Able to support other team members and monitor own progress against planned delivery and quality targets and to contribute to continuous improvement of the planning function.
- Awareness of general H&S/Environmental regulations and safe working practices
- functional knowledge of ship repair