* Duty Station is Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Under the direct supervision of the Arms Control and Monitoring Officer, your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Gather information on arms (including ammunition) flows and advise on short term exploitation of information;
- Participate in synchronizing and harmonizing the information flows on the arms embargo and gathered information within MONUSCO;
- Work closely with the Arms Control and Monitoring Officer to continuously update and roll out the identification booklet.
- Support regular timely updates and maintenance of the databases kept by the Arms Embargo Cell.
- Work closely with UNMAS and UNPOL Serious Organized Crimes Support Unit (SOCSU) to support DRC’s long-term capacity to develop information and enhance use of gathered information;
- Support the implementation of trainings at all stages including but not limited to the provision of presentations on the arms embargo and its monitoring.
- Perform any other tasks as instructed by supervisors according to the identified needs of the Arms Embargo Cell.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Support in updating an identification booklet and databases on the SALW and related ammunition in circulation in Eastern DR Congo by the end of the project.
- Support the implementation of trainings delivered to MONUSCO and relevant national authorities.
- Reliable and useful information on arms flow is collected, analysed and submitted as part of analytical reports submitted to MONUSCO.