Assistant Technician - FM Civil & Furniture/Mason
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Since 1947, Serco Middle East has been supporting governments to deliver public services across various sectors (Transport, Healthcare, Citizen Services and Defence), enabling transformation and ensuring the delivery of world class services. We are extremely proud of our partnerships with government and semi-government entities and what we continue to achieve together.
The purpose of the role is to carryout preventative maintenance within a facilities management civil works section, individually or as part of a technical team, whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the business operations.
- Ability to conform to all general and technical safety requirements at all times to ensure the health, safety & welfare of self and others at work.
- Ability to perform safely and correctly the following
- Use of masonry hand and power tools
- Planned preventative maintenance (PM) routines
- Assisting to do Corrective maintenance (CM)
- Assisting to do Breakdown maintenance (BD)
To include: (interior and exterior where applicable)
- Assisting to do Waterproofing techniques
- Assisting to do Conduct inspection of brick structures to determine the need for repair
- Assisting to do Seal expanding or contracting joints with caulking materials
- Assisting to do Restoring old and damaged masonry works.
- Assisting to do Minor repair works on floors and walls
- Assisting to do Tile, granite and marble floorings
- Assisting to do Finishing Works
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Promoting a Zero Harm culture within own team and all suppliers and sub-contractors engaged on Projects work.
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards.
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information, reference Serco non-disclosure policy.
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions, reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organizational HSE responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements.
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process.
- High School Certificate.
- Industrial Training Institute Diploma in Mechanical Maintenance or equivalent.
- IOSH Working Safely Certificate or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers in oral and written English.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do is important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do