We are looking for an Auto Electrician to join our Engineering Team in York to assist in their co-ordination of team work excellence in delivering a consistent high standard of vehicle output for our customers
To diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement in accordance with Central Engineering Standard Operating Procedures
Main Areas of Responsibility
??? Vehicle fault diagnostic & repair
??? To fully comply with all HS&E legislation along with Group policies
??? To fully comply with all relevant Engineering SOP's
??? To provide guidance to other staff as required
??? Communicate effectively with colleagues
??? Maintain and develop technical skills as required
Technical Knowledge & Training
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2)
- To be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment including brake rolling road testers, tracking gauges, hydraulic vehicle lifts, pressured oil and waste systems, battery chargers and starters, trolley jacks, scaffolding, pressure wash and automatic washing equipment, digital smoke readers, headlamp alignment testers, hydraulic jacks and testing equipment, drilling machines, torque wrenches, pedestal grinders and general portable equipment (i.e. air guns, drills, electric and pneumatic hand tools etc.)
- To be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems including engine management, automatic/semi-automatic gearboxes, electronic braking, suspension, electronic destinations, multiplex wiring systems and ECU systems
- To be fully familiar with all relevant diagnostic equipment including multi meters, temperature gauges, micrometers, vernier gauges and ECU diagnostic computer equipment
- To have basic skills in gas and electric welding
- Must be in possession of or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required
- Must have cat B driving licence.
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel. For £6 per day you can take the train all the way to London and back!
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success - Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension - You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance - For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we connect communities and help people to go to school, work and the shops. Every single day around 1.6 million passengers get on board our 6,400 buses. It's why we're so passionate about providing services that are reliable, punctual and offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that's based all around the world from the UK and Ireland to the USA, Canada and Mexico.
40 hrs pw (5 days over 7, nights and weekend shifts included)
Salary is £29k per annum