Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world's leading off-price retailer of clothing and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 shops and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
The Automation Engineer will be working as part of the maintenance team, ensuring all materials handling equipment is kept to a high performance and availability following all Health & Safety advice and guidance.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the latest Health and Safety at Work Act and other legislation and regulations in line with TJX policy
- Carry out maintenance and servicing to site automated technologies in with the standards set out in the O & M manuals based on the manufacturers recommendations and industry best practise
- Ensure safety standards are upheld to legislative and Company standards
- Ensure work load is prioritised and have a pervading sense of urgency to complete repairs in a timely manner whilst ensuring H & S compliance
- Optimise availability, productivity and performance from plant, machinery and equipment on site
- Work in a continuous improvement environment highlighting opportunities where appropriate
- Investigate and determine reasons for failure of MHE equipment and ensure all these situations are reported and/or escalated where appropriate
- Ensure all risk assessments and Safe Systems of Work are complied with ensuring a common sense and flexible approach to Health and Safety
- Report any hazard or unsafe situation to line manager if unable to deal with by the post holder
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance, repairs and breakdown activities as instructed
- Implement the Automation Engineering Manager's instructions in all aspects of the role
- Undertake other maintenance duties as directed
- Ensure the maintenance workshop is kept clean and tidy
- Assist in undertaking and reviewing risk assessments for their departments in accordance with the current regulations
- Help undertake accident investigations when necessary with assistance from H&S Advisors and implement appropriate preventative action
- Undertake necessary training to fulfil the role and ensure highest level of expertise maintained
- Manage inventory and replenishment of spares
- Apprentice trained craftsman - desirable
- Experience of automated warehouse technologies preferred, ideally working in a FMCG environment
- Understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic and PLC systems
- Proven ability to work as part of a maintenance team
- IT literate - Experience of Microsoft packages and computerised maintenance management systems
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand electro-mechanical manuals and drawings
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and Codes of Practice applicable to the role
- Ability to communicate effectively
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.