Leisure Bid Manager
Remote (with customer travel)
Full Time, Permanent
Competitive, with market leading benefits
Serco, is a global business that partners with the Public Sector in the UK and with world class Public Services providers across the globe to deliver joined up citizen solutions. We are seeking a Bid Manager with proven experience in participating in Bids of significant complexity and scale, with specific focus on bidding, leading deals and winning work within the Public Sector.
The successful candidate will be proactive, positive, innovative, customer focused, responsive, and able to position and present core solutions in a way that is specifically aligned to our customers.
There is an expectation for the candidate to have had sustained bid experience as a Bid Manager, or have been in a senior operational role within the leisure or public health sector.
As part of this you will:
- Deliver allocated bids in line with the Leisure Business Development Director
- Own strategic and tactical level opportunities within the Leisure pipeline
- Lead engagement with customers within the Leisure Business Unit
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and promote 'one team' approach within Serco Leisure
- Drive and develop proposition development, with an emphasis on win strategy to help influence future capture plans
- Work to enhance relationships with key stakeholders within the Business Unit and wider Serco community
- Foster team and joint Business Unit collaboration and knowledge to ensure Growth targets are achieved
What you will need to do the role:
- Sustained Bid experience either as a Bid Manager or in another key role within a Bid Team or process in a leisure or public health market; or senior operational experience in the leisure or public health sector
- Ability to create and monitor bid budgets, identifying opportunities and risks
- Commercial and financial understanding to ensure opportunity and risk are understood
- Exhibit characteristics of high performance, goal oriented, and creative problem solving
- Ability to operate successfully in a challenging, changeable role, balancing autonomy and accountability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and self-manage
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Word at an advanced level
- Resilient and able to work in a pressurised environment.
- Degree or equivalent gained through senior operational experience
- Experience in structured methodologies such as Prince2, Shipley, Miller Heiman are not essential, but advantageous.
What we offer:
- Company car
- Bonus scheme - Up to 20% for exceeding targets
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working considered
- Pension - 6%
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Growth and development opportunities - Serco will support with a range of qualifications
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Bupa Anytime HealthLine, Thrive App, Simply Health Plans and more
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure and Hospitality discounts
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase more
- Life assurance
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
We see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates. We're a proud holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard and we actively encourage applications from females, those with disabilities or from an ethnic minority background.