Building Services Engineer
Bordon, GU35 9JA
Permanent, Full time Monday- Friday (39 hours)
Competitive salary plus benefits
Serco Defence are recruiting for a Building Services Engineer to join their current team working for the Skynet contract in Bordon. The Skynet contract provides satellite communication services to the UK Government and Armed Forces.
The Building Services Engineer will assist in completing and managing the maintenance, repair, and replacement of FM controlled assets within their skill sets. They will be competent with both mechanical and electrical equipment/systems but biased towards low voltage electrical systems.
The role will also manage on-site infrastructure works carried out through Serco Approved Sub Contractors.
The Building Services Engineer will primarily be based at SGS Oakhanger Bordon; but may be requested to work at other sites within the Skynet Contract as deemed necessary by the Site FM Manager (Oakhanger) or Head of Skynet FM Services.
The role will be required to be on-call where an additional allowance will be paid.
- Supporting the Site FM Manager with the maintenance of Electrical and Mechanical equipment, plant and installations utilising the CAFM Planned Maintenance system (Agility) as a support tool.
- Supporting the Site FM Manager & the other Building Services Engineer (BSE) in the Management of work, sub-contracted planned and reactive maintenance.
- Act as point of contact and attend site if necessary, as part of the FM on-call procedure.
- Complete first and second line planned and reactive maintenance tasks on plant equipment and installations within skill set.
- Support on Site Management of health and safety and ensure compliance of any activity under FM control.
- Be appointed as a Competent/Skilled Person within the MOD JSP and Serco Safe Systems of Work procedures as required
- Support the Site Manager & Building Services Engineer in reviewing of contractor reports for planned maintenance, reactive calls and complete inspection of works carried out.
- Obtaining quotes for works in line with Operating Procedures.
- Complete statutory periodic inspections and take meter readings as required.
- Assist with the compliance and preparedness for all internal and external audits.
- Be responsible for his/her own H&S and that of others within the site.
- Complete any reasonable task as requested by the Site FM Manager.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Qualified Electrician to 18th edition
- Inspection and test 2391/2 (Desirable)
- High/Low voltage Authorised Person (Desirable - Training will be provided if not held)
- Must be able to gain SC Security Clearance.
- A valid driving licence for car and van.
- A good level of IT and MS Office skills
- Be a qualified First Aider and Fire Warden (Training will be provided if not held)
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant technical experience and certification to maintain Fire Alarm, Emergency lighting, CCTV and Access Control systems would be desirable.
- Technician Membership of a Professional Body
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Wisdom App, Simply Health Plans, and more.
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure, and Hospitality discounts.
- A fantastic culture and supportive team where you'll get the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Company discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting and enjoyable work.
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities.
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Gold Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.