VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: RAF Fairford (Occasional Travel to Nearby Sites Required)
Full time (40 hours)
We are seeking a Built Estate Manager to act as the stakeholder interface on site to the delivery of all VIVO contractual outputs and manage direct delivery teams and specialist supply chain to ensure that all statutory, mandatory and reactive performance indicators are consistently achieved within area of responsibility. The management and execution of all work relating to the delivery of the Core Services / Billable Works element of the Contract on the Establishment.
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of maintenance and response works in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Effective management of Direct Delivery operational teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and, where required, act as Method Statement Coordinator if nominated to ensure a consistent approach at site.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the Maximo system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance and, where required, deliver the requirements for Working at Height and/or Confined Spaces appointments.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos Register and Management plan.
- Ensure compliance with the Legionella management plan.
- Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of JSP375 to support the effective and timely delivery of Billable Works, planned and response maintenance.
- Assess the competence of Skilled Persons for appointment to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and review experience and performance regularly.
- Produce high quality Risk Assessments and Method Statements and, where required, issue safety programmes and Permits to Work.
- Provide professional and technical support and advice to VIVO site team, Supply Chain, DIO and end users.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the Maximo system and ensure all documentation relating to jobs is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Manage project work as directed by Management and confer with the Billable Works team to ensure that all works are completed to the required standards.
- Reduce the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed timescales.
- Liaise closely with Authorising Engineers and take ownership of personal training plan, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within the area you are responsible for, maintain accurate records within personal log book for site attendance and activities undertaken.
- Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD's carbon reduction targets.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Safe Systems of Work and JSP375 processes and maintain focus on site compliance to deliver results
- Demonstrable experience of managing and supervising staff in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
- Management of the operational delivery of Estate Management tasks
- Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Management of Safe Systems of Work
- Experience of supervising site operations, including:
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work
- Proactive performance management
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Technical qualifications & training as required by JSP 375
- Emergency first aid
- Fire safety
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Significant practical experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field
- Experience of operating in an MOD environment
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, Equality at Work, energy performance, Sustainability etc.
- Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility
- Previous experience of operating in an MOD environment and/or previous SC clearance
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.