VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: Buckley Barracks - Wiltshire (Covering Local Area of Sites)
Permanent/ Full time
Salary: £39,000 - £44,000
We have an exciting opportunity for a Built Estate Manager to join our project team at VIVO based at Buckley to manage the Reactive and Programmed Property Maintenance for all sites within area of responsibility and operate as the immediate escalation point for significant operational and delivery issues at site level.
- Management of service delivery of all Reactive & Programmed maintenance, and Billable Works (<£25k) in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Management of team and Supply Chain performance to ensure that all Reactive and Planned Maintenance key performance indicators are consistently achieved within area of responsibility.
- Ensuring that all documentation relating to Reactive and Planned Maintenance is distributed in a timely manner and recorded against the appropriate assets in the CAFM system.
- Ensure the maintenance of the Establishment Specific Task Schedule (ESTS) and the Forward Additional Services Plan (FASP) for sites within area of responsibility.
- Overseeing the Early Warning Notification and Risk Reduction Meeting process.
- Overseeing and managing the Statutory Compliance state of sites within area of responsibility, ensuring that any overdue Statutory and Mandatory Tasks are adequately mitigated for risk following consultation with DIO and HoE Representatives.
- Identifying opportunities on establishments to support the MoD's Net Zero carbon reduction targets and initiate Billable Works initiatives to achieve them.
- Ensuring that all Billable Works up to the value of £25k, and delivered by Site teams, are delivered within agreed timelines.
- Acting as an On Call Services Manager as required.
- Planning, directing and coordinating operational activities on sites within area of responsibility to ensure they are being managed efficiently and effectively.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders associated with the VIVO contract and work in collaboration to provide a consistent approach to delivering service excellence across the contract.
- Acting as the VIVO focal point for all Heads of Establishments and senior DIO representatives on sites within area of responsibility
- Acknowledge compliments and resolve complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Communicate and promote SDA participation in support of external accreditations and initiatives that are important to VIVO and relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with Senior Billable Works Managers and Area Managers to identify the most appropriate resource to deliver Billable Works.
- Ensuring that induction and mentoring processes are established for all new Delivery Managers and Admin staff and that suitable joining programmes are put in place to ensure they are capable of meeting all requirements by the end of their probation period.
- Overseeing the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) of all staff within their area of responsibility.
What You'll Need To Do The Role:
- Technical training to maintain and develop technical competence and awareness
- Asbestos / Legionella Responsible Persons within area of responsibility.
- Familiarity with the sites and assets within area of responsibility.
- Emergency first aid qualification
- Fire safety qualification
- Familiarity with and experience in working to Safe Systems of Work appropriate to the discipline
- IOSH or equivalent qualification
- HNC, or equivalent, level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience. Continuing Professional Development
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Building, Incorporated Engineer, or equivalent institution.
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent level qualification)
- Familiarisation with CAFM applications
- Good awareness and understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Associate Member of the Institute of Leadership & Management
- Full Driving License
Training and Qualifications:
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word, CAFM, Teams, Sharepoint etc.)
- HND level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Associate Member of a relevant professional body (e.g. APM)
- Accredited training qualification in Asbestos Responsible Person, Legionella Responsible Person, Authorised Person Training
- Familiarisation with CAFM applications
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass BPSS security clearance.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.