VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: RAF Coningsby, LN4 4SY
Type: Perm, Full-Time
Salary: Competitive + Company Car/Allowance
This is a key role required to deliver the contractual deliverables on the sites you have been appointed to support. It is a role that requires the individual to be proactive and forward thinking in order to ensure that the Client is supported effectively.
You will act as the stakeholder interface on site to the delivery of all VIVO contractual outputs and manage Supply Chain to ensure that all statutory, mandatory and reactive performance indicators are consistently achieved within area of responsibility, the management and execution of all work relating to the delivery of the Core Services / Billable Works element of the Contract within an Area and lead your team in the satisfactory execution of the maintenance and billable works of MOD properties.
You will also make decisions and deliver solutions that impact the site team and liaise with internal and external customer to deliver high service levels.
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of maintenance and response works in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and, where required, act as Method Statement Coordinator if nominated to ensure a consistent approach at site.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the Maximo system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance and, where required, deliver the requirements for Working at Height and/or Confined Spaces appointments.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos Register and Management plan and, where required.
- Ensure compliance with the Legionella management plan and, where required.
- Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of JSP375 to support the effective and timely delivery of Billable Works, planned and response maintenance.
- Assess the competence of Skilled Persons for appointment to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and review experience and performance regularly.
- Produce high quality Risk Assessments and Method Statements and, where required, issue safety programmes and Permits to Work.
- Provide professional and technical support and advice to VIVO site team, Supply Chain, DIO and end users.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the Maximo system and ensure all documentation relating to jobs is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Manage project work as directed by Management and confer with the Billable Works team to ensure that all works are completed to the required standards.
- Ensure adherence to the Companys' contractual responsibilities and internal quality procedures including management reporting, development, budget, forecasting and financial control.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectations through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- Manage local budgets and review profit and loss for effective delivery within contractual requirements.
- Monitor and review Supply Chain performance and maintain commercial; control to enable planned milestone payments are achieved.
- As a representative of Vivo, take the lead on collaborate forecasting and planning to develop and maintain estate plans as required.
- Lead and support the operation managers in the delivery of maintenance across the estate.
- Represent Vivo to the client and the charity on regular meetings and providing timely updates and reports.
What You'll Need To Do The Role:
- Demonstrable experience of supervising staff in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
- Management of the operational delivery of Estate Management tasks
- Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Management of Safe Systems of Work
- Project management
- Experience of supervising site operations, including:
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work
- Proactive performance management
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Full UK driving licence
Training and Qualifications:
- HNC/D level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g., SMSTS)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Developed IT skills (e.g., Excel, Word, CAFM, Teams, SharePoint etc.)
- Meaningful and vital work: You'll be helping to deliver better public services through transformational innovation and change projects. You'll be at the heart of work that meets budget challenges, whilst never compromising on delivery
- A world of opportunity: You'll find hands-on work that is packed with variety whilst benefitting from the clear progression and development opportunities that you'd expect from a big company
- Great people: Our constant is the friendly, approachable, and diverse team you'll be a part of. We also support a flexible work environment that accommodates a great work/life balance
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.