VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: St Georges Barracks, LE15 8RL
Type: Perm, Full-Time
Salary: Competitive + Company Car/Allowance
This is a key role required to deliver the contractual deliverables on the Establishment you have been appointed to support, specifically; Defence Animal Centre (Melton Mowbray) and St Georges Barracks (Rutland). It is a role that requires the individual to be proactive and forward thinking in order to ensure that the Client is supported effectively. You will be responsible for managing both sites.
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of maintenance and response works in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved. Hold weekly meetings.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and, where required, act as Method Statement Coordinator if nominated to ensure a consistent approach at site.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the Maximo system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance and, where required, deliver the requirements for Working at Height and/or Confined Spaces appointments.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos Register and Management plan and, where required.
- Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of JSP375 to support the effective and timely delivery of Billable Works, planned and response maintenance.
- Assess the competence of Skilled Persons for appointment to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and review experience and performance regularly for your site.
- Produce or facilitate high quality Risk Assessments and Method Statements and, where required, issue safety programmes and Permits to Work.
- Provide professional and technical support and advice to VIVO site team, Supply Chain, DIO and end users.
- Manage project work as directed by Management and confer with the Billable Works team to ensure that all works are completed to the required standards.
- Engage with 3rd party contractors tasked by TLB/DIO to bring about satisfactory project outcomes.
- Reduce the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed timescales.
- Liaise closely with Authorising Engineers and take ownership of personal training plan for yourself and your team, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within the area you are responsible for, maintain accurate records within personal log book for site attendance and activities undertaken.
- Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD's carbon reduction targets.
- Ensure the roles of Legionella Responsible Person, Asbestos Responsible Person and Temporary Works Coordinator/Responsible Persons are filled by your team or yourself.
- Complete all assurance checks required for your site and recorded as per business process within deadline stipulated by Line Management. This will include; WIPs, Retro's, Asset File Checks, TwC checks and Grounds inspections. To complete joint inspections with DIO as required.
- Adequately prepare for audits (inc: internal, external, 3rd party audits) to ensure the optimum outcome.
- Generate regular reports and use those issued or available to manage to deliver excellent performance of tasks, delivery and assurance.
- Provide regular reports to the Area Manager as required.
- Complete data returns within deadlines set.
- Keep FASP/forward maintenance plan updated.
- Produce accurate and high quality ROCs.
- Lead global site projects such as establishment closure activities or establishment expansions/development.
What You'll Need To Do The Role:
- Demonstrable experience of supervising staff in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
- Management of the operational delivery of Estate Management tasks
- Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Management of Safe Systems of Work
- Project management
- Experience of supervising site operations, including:
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work
- Proactive performance management
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Full UK driving licence
- Multi site hard FM management experience.
Training and Qualifications:
- HNC/D level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g., SMSTS)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Developed IT skills (e.g., Excel, Word, CAFM, Teams, SharePoint etc.)
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.