Business Analyst - £400.00 per day
A global managed service provider is seeking an experienced Business Analyst with specific finance system project experience to join their client's team for an initial 6 month contract, however this is a multi year project.
You must have previous finance system transformation experience and have worked for professional services organisations.
This role is primarily remote but you must be able to visit Birmingham site when required.
This role has been deemed inside IR35.
- In 2019, th end client embarked on a matter life cycle transformation programme. The new practice management system (PMS) programme is part of this wider programme and is divided into multiple streams of activity. The Business analyst role will primarily work within the Functional stream which will persist throughout the life of the PMS programme.
- The new PMS programme is a multi-year initiative beginning in May 2021 and likely to complete in early 2023. This is a major programme of systems and business change, delivering best practice processes on an SAP platform that will drive efficiency and effectiveness in their existing finance operations and provide a solid platform for further growth, both in the UK and around the world.
- The Business analyst role will be the lead facilitator for a sub-stream within the functional stream of the PMS programme.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Completing analysis, making recommendations and supporting adoption of standardised best practices
- Delivery of a functional and detailed design, working with SMEs, Fulcrum GT consultants and other members of the programme team
- Supporting all design workshops eg detailed design of to-be processes, to-be policies and procedures
- Prepare impact assessment in terms of impacted areas and effort
- Responsible for identification and documentation of process, functional and technical business requirements
- Identify, document and manage the resolution and escalation of risks and issues
- Prepare functional specifications for WRICEF component and configure the solution
- The production and sign off of requirements and other workshop outputs
- Review of outputs and deliverables with stakeholders
- Challenging deviation from standard processes and investigating business justification for change
- Cross workstream alignment to ensure appropriate end to end solution is built including alignment with non-functional requirements and liaison with technical workstream
- Documenting procedures, processes and controls
- Multiple end to end project life cycles
- Minimum Experience of 10 years in Finance
- Experience of end to end implementation of Finance module preferably in transformation project
- Knowledge of Finance data and its role in core functional processes and practices
- Ongoing governance and continuous improvement to functional processes
- Proven success in the execution of finance transformation activities or projects
- Effective communication skills including documentation and workshop facilitation and ability to present and discuss at all levels within the firm
- Great team working skills and a passion for delivering results
- Able to work independently and adapt to change
- Ability to judge and manage priorities effectively and work to tight timescales
- Excellent communication skills
- Blueprint, build, post go live and support experience
Please attach your CV for immediate consideration.