Salary - Competitive + Benefits
Full Time, Permanent
Serco are currently recruiting for an experienced Business Analyst to join our team on a remote basis.
The successful Business Analyst will be responsible for interpreting business needs, working with project stakeholders to translate their needs into business requirements distilling the differing messages and needs of project stakeholders into a single, consistent vision.
- To provide business analyst support to assist the delivery of projects, using the appropriate tools and techniques.
- To provide input into the development of project/workstream plans and take responsibility for the execution of the BA activities in line with the agreed plans.
- To support and deliver the processes associated with business change and Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) across the projects & programmes Support the business in the creation and execution of test plans and scripts, adhering to the relevant methodologies.
- To liaise and consult with all relevant stakeholders associated with projects
- To produce relevant information and documentation which is in line with the business requirements across the project & programme and present to internal and external stakeholders.
- To lead the required implementation of identified business process re-engineering activities as determined within the projects.
- To research best practice for business process re-engineering in transformation and innovation.
- To track and review the business change activity and outcomes required of the programme, providing recommendations and improvements to the client and team managers.
- To generate BPR information for members and senior officers, as appropriate.
- To identify solutions in relation to business change and BPR to advice project & programme
- Support with BID's extracting requirements and contributing as a subject matter expert to the responses
What you need to do the role?
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an analytic role or similar
- Experience and ability to use service improvement techniques such as BPR, LEAN and root cause analysis.
- Excellent planning and organising skills, taking an organised and methodical approach to identify priorities, maximise time and ensure the achievement of business objectives & analytical and organisational skills (with attention to detail) Experience and ability to present complex information in a way that can be understood by a variety of audiences.
- Experience and ability to use processes, tools and techniques associated with business process re-engineering to identify service improvement and new solutions for service delivery.
- Excellent ICT skills including use of key Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel & Visio (or equivalent)
- Experience of working within the public sector is desirable, however, not essential
Please note that if you are shortlisted for this role, as part of the application process you will be required to submit a written skills test prior to interview consideration.
What we offer
- Competitive salaries with annual reviews
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Thrive App, Simply Health Plans, Annual Leave Purchase Scheme, free flu vaccines and more.
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure, and Hospitality discounts.
- A fantastic culture and supportive team where you'll get the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Company discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting and enjoyable work.
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
We see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates. We're a proud holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard and we actively encourage applications from females, those with disabilities or from an ethnic minority background.