Job Title: Business Development Manager, CTAI
Location: Bourges, France
BAE systems has an established policy and mobility team in place to assist the successful candidate and immediate family to relocate to France.
What you'll be doing:
● Developing and maintaining customer intimacy in order to garner information and access to customer opportunities, thinking, knowledge and concerns that in turn maximise business winning opportunities
● Identifying future opportunities and routes to extending existing contracts in order to meet objectives set out in the IBP. This includes influencing product strategies, and future development plans to ensure that we either have products to be able to respond when requirements emerge or have procurement / collaboration strategies in place to address
● Reaching back into BAE Systems to achieve goals, this includes Maritime & Land, Group Business Development and BAE Systems Inc
Your skills and experiences:
● A demonstrable and solid business development/ winning background
● Experience of customer engagement and the negotiation of high value development and production contracts
● Ability to disseminate and communicate financial data at all levels within the business and with the customer.
● Ability to work independently and autonomously
● Understanding of the defence industry and the commercial environment in which the business operates would be desirable but not essential
● Working knowledge of French (written and spoken) is desirable but will be taught if required
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Business Development Team and CTAI team:
Land UK currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join the CTAI joint venture Business for a 3-year international assignment in France. Your role will be to engage with the UK, French and the international Customer Community and CTAI in all aspects, particularly with regard to gaining insight and intelligence into future customer challenges, needs and plans.
The CTA System has been sold to the UK, French and Belgian armed forces, there is now a need to develop business in other identified nations and to position the 40mm CTA System as the medium calibre weapon of choice.
The CTAI JV is currently delivering the innovative Case Telescoped CT40 medium calibre cannon in support of the UK and French Armed Forces.
This role will provide you with the opportunities for wider career development as this is a secondment role with the intention at the end of the secondment to take on a role within the UK BAE Systems business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation