Business Development Manager - Employment & Skills
Home-based with UK Travel
Full Time, Permanent
Up to £65,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Serco is seeking a Business Development Manager with proven experience in prospecting, developing and winning new business to join its centralised Business Development Growth team. The role will focus on Employment & Skills within the Citizen Services business unit.
You will be proactive, innovative and customer focused, with the ability to develop and sell tailored solutions to consistently deliver results.
As part of this you'll:
- Support the delivery of yearly revenue and TCV (Total Contract Value) targets and exit pipeline requirements as directed by the business
- Own and develop opportunities within the Citizen Services pipeline from prospect to Gate 2
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the Business Unit and ensure there is a "one team" approach to Business Development
- Create and maintain Capture plans for all qualified deals in line with the SMS (Serco Management System)
- Lead deals through the appropriate governance sessions
- Identify resource requirements, forming and leading multi-disciplinary capture teams to pursue qualified opportunities
What you'll need to do the role:
- At least 5 years Business Development experience in this (or similar) market
- Commercial and financial understanding to enable optimum balance of risk / reward / price to be embedded within qualified opportunities
- Exhibit characteristics of high performance, goal oriented, and creative problem solving and business development
- Ability to operate successfully in a volatile and dynamic market environment
- Proficiency in capture and sales methodologies with full lifecycle business development background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - active listening, ability to articulate customer's environment and needs to all management levels
- Resilience and the ability to work in a pressurised environment
Meaningful and vital work: In this position, your work is vital to the business, in terms of decisions and growth. You will gain a world of opportunity working for a globally operating business delivering essential services across 5 vital sectors, personal growth, achievement and development won't be hard to find. You'll also work with great people. You'll find yourself working in a highly motivated, supportive environment where no two days are the same, with experienced colleagues who strive for excellence.
What we offer:
- Company car
- Bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working considered
- Pension - 6%
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike4Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the 'Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.