Business Services Administrator - HMP Fosse Way
Leicestershire, LE18 4TN
Permanent (Full-Time, 40 Hrs)
Here at Serco, we are looking for a Business Services Administrator to join the team at our new state of the art Category C prison, HMP Fosse Way.
The role of a Business Services Administrator is to ensure the effective administration of the Governance department, ensure compliance against all contractual, regulatory performance, requirements and targets. To maintain all administrative systems within specified timescales for HMP Fosse Way and to support the Governance, Audit and Compliance department in the delivery of high performance and satisfaction levels from all internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities, and duties:
- Collate and produce performance data and supporting evidence
- Produce reports and respond to requests for information within agreed timescales
- Relate with relevant stakeholders and agencies to ensure information is adequately shared
- Contribute to successful external visits within remit of responsibility, for example Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Prisons (HMIP)
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to HMPPS, Measuring the Quality of Prison Life (MQPL), and the Independent Monitoring Board (IMB)
- Take personal and professional accountability for keeping up to date in areas of responsibility, and undertake appropriate training and development.
- Work in accordance with all statutory, legislative, Company and departmental requirements including but not limited to Health and Safety and Security policies and procedures.
- To promote equality, diversity and good relations
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required
What you will need to do the role
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business and customer focused requirements.
- Strong time management skills, able to prioritise work to meet operational requirements and demonstrate the ability to be flexible towards task management for needs of the business.
- Excellent communication and organisations skills
- Meaningful and vital work - We look after around 5,000 prisoners in our prisons and been in the business for 25 years, employ 2,000 colleagues in our 6 custodial contracts so you can guarantee you'll be delivering an essential service that touch people's lives.
- A world of opportunity - Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
- Great people - We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A fantastic culture and supportive team; volunteer leave; continuous training & development opportunities
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Thrive App, Simply Health Plans and more
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals
- The chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion