Business Support Officer
Job Type: 6 month contract
I have a contract opportunity for a Business Support Officer who would be interested in working on my client's site in Stevenage who are an internationally renowned defence organisation who provide engineering support and capability to the armed forces.
As Business Support Officer you will be responsible for delivering a high level of administrative and business support to local Managers and their teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain MS Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, MS Word documents accurately and assist with reports.
- Accurate control and maintenance of complex electronic diaries for identified managers.
- Extensive travel arrangements in compliance with policies and championing a cost conscious approach.
- Provide meeting co-ordination and participation and take/manage actions as and when required.
- Provide management and maintenance of email for identified managers.
- Co-ordinate arrangements for on-site or off-site meetings and events, attend and participate as required.
- Administer expense forms for identified Managers, submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain and analyse data, create reports and present findings.
- Provide specific support to the Project and/or Functional teams, specific tasks and projects to be defined in the workplace.
- Assist the Project and/or Functional population to optimise efficiency throughout the business.
- Develop to become the knowledge point of contact within the Project and/or Function. These tasks may be varied and ad-hoc in scope.
To be considered for this position you should possess the following skills/ experience:
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required.
- Experience providing Business/ Project Support
- Someone that is forward thinking, who looks to improve efficiencies in working practices and processes.
- A professional approach, with a positive attitude and the ability to multi-task and be proactive.
- A team player that prides themselves with the success of the team and the department.
- Someone who is able and willing to travel to other locations, if required, to support the Manager in meetings and events (may from time to time require overnight stay).
- A professional demeanour in all situations and be able to withhold confidential information.
- It is essential that the post holder undertakes the extensive duties with flexibility, initiative and enthusiasm and operates as an integral part of the team
- Willingness to learn and extend the role above and beyond the job description.
Please Note: Due to the nature of this position you will be required to undergo Security Clearance
If you feel you have the right skills and experience please apply within.