Guidant Global is working with the UK's trusted Ministry of Defence partner, MBDA, seeking a skilled C/C++ Software Engineer to collaborate as part of the team to integrate real products, models, and synthetic environments. Additionally, the successful candidate would provide visualisations, demonstrations, verification & validation, and training capability and support at the Stevenage site.
WSSE are integral in the development of weapon systems and system architectures. As a result, we have developed a capability supporting actions across the full product life cycle, which the C/C++ Software Engineer would be part of.
What you'll get to do as a C/C++ Software Engineer:
- Designing and developing Test Equipment software to test world-leading complex missile systems and sub-components.
- Working with a wide range of teams and stakeholders across MBDA to deliver test software capability of products from early concept to production.
- Exploring and experimenting with new implementations and technologies to meet the ever-challenging customer requirements
- Challenging and implementing real change when opportunities arise in the way the software is developed both within test software and the broader software community
- Embracing Agility and delivering value to the company gives you are real sense of achievement
- Working in a Software Engineering office/lab environment, engaging with test equipment and electronic circuitry.
What we're looking for:
- Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions
- Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future strategy.
- Proactive and able to take ownership of the software development.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong motivation for collaboration.
- Previous experience working in an agile development team
- Strong understanding of what is required to create high-quality software and the ability to support quality practices
- Knowledge and experience of NI TestStand is desirable.
- Knowledge of electronics measurement and debug techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553
- Can articulate the benefits of crucial software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and sound design
- Comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team.
- Experience Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling
- Excellent understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices desirable.
More about the role:
MBDA's relationship with the UK military spans back over 70 years. They have delivered countless landmarks in defence engineering, supplying vital defence capability to meet the needs of the armed forces over land, sea, and air.
This role is based at MBDA's headquarters in Stevenage which plays a key part in missiles operations. The site also offers excellent transportation links and boasts an onsite gym and coffee shop. Training and development are offered to all employees.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.