Category Owner - Corporate & Professional Services
Home-based with global travel expected. Attached to Solihull, Hook or London office
Full Time, Permanent
£80,000 - £100,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Serco spends approximately £1.5bn globally with third party suppliers every year. Procurement supports the business by understanding business requirements and providing innovative solutions from the supply market throughout the business lifecycle that reduce cost, improve service and quality, deliver on sustainability and protect the business from risk.
As a result of this scale, we are seeking an experienced Category Owner to provide specialist Corporate & Professional Services category and market expertise to effectively manage Serco's spend and supply base globally. (Annual spend across all sub-categories of c£400m).
You will be responsible for procurement activity across the Corporate & Professional Services category including travel, resourcing, insurance, legal, audit and consultancy professional services, learning and development and other HR related services.
As part of this you'll:
- Hold accountability for the global category management of the category from strategy creation through to the delivery of business outcomes and performance
- Engage and build strategic relationships with key stakeholders across Divisions and Business Units
- Educate and influence key stakeholders to support category strategy development, endorse recommended category strategies and support implementation
- Act as a procurement business partner to SBS People Services and Group to ensure alignment and delivery of business priorities
- Translate global category strategies to a clear and prioritised pipeline of sourcing projects for execution by Serco's third-party Procurement Delivery Partner
- Optimise value delivery and risk mitigation from the supply base
- Ensure that benefits are recognised by key stakeholders to allow benefit delivery
- Drive sustainable value from key supplier relationships
What you'll need to do the role:
- A strong track record of Corporate & Professional Services category management, effecting change and continuous improvement through creation and implementation of innovative category strategies
- Expert Corporate & Professional Services category and market knowledge
- Experience of developing and maintaining strong senior stakeholder relationships up to MD and Board level
- Demonstrable track record of delivery within large and complex Procurement organisations
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to understand business needs and managing supplier relationships
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels, especially Senior and Board level
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Post-graduate qualification (e.g. MSc/MBA) or a professional qualification such as MCIPS is desirable but not essential
What we offer:
- Company car / cash alternative
- Bonus scheme up to 20%
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working considered
- Pension - 6%
- Bike4Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the 'Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.