Catering & Stores Manager - HMP Fosse Way
Leicestershire, LE18 4TN
Salary - £37,000
Permanent (Full-Time, 40 Hrs)
Here at Serco we are looking for a Catering & Store Manager to join us at HMP Fosse Way.
The role is to provide Catering (including Retail) services to the whole Prison establishment, in accordance with the His Majesty`s Prison Services Catering and current Food Safety Standards. The role will also manage and provide service support through the stores department to the whole Prison establishment.
Some of the other responsibilities of the Catering & Stores Manager are as follows:
- Organising, leading and motivating the catering and stores teams and prisoner workers.
- Planning menus in consultation with chefs and in compliance with the Prison Service Order / Prison Service Instructions.
- Ensuring Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations are strictly observed and controlled.
- Ensure all offenders and chefs receive appropriate induction and ongoing training.
- Ensure all personnel are trained to use the catering equipment and that the equipment is fit for purpose and use.
- Setting, agreeing and achieving financial targets and forecasts.
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided, setting standards of excellence.
- Keeping financial and administrative records and monitoring expenditure of stock.
- Interacting with all stakeholders.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers.
- Manage staff requirements organising cover for leave and absence.
- Contribute to business development.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the catering industry such as menus, consumer tastes and management issues.
- The responsibility for the implementation and compliance with, policies internal and external to the establishment such as Health & Safety, Local Security Strategy (LSS), Directors Rules and Prison Service Instructions.
- Ensure that staff are managed and supported in line with Serco company procedures, Sickness Absence, Performance management, Training and Development.
- To offer all prisoners the opportunity of not less than one hot meal each Day, which is appropriate to any health specific diets and religious requirements of prisoners.
- To assist in prisoner movements and searches to and from the kitchen and wings.
What you will need to do the role
Essential Qualifications - City and Guilds 706/12 or equivalent, Food Hygiene Level 4 HACCP Level 4, CMI Level 4/5.
- Management experience within a similar environment or large-scale catering and logistics operation.
- Good sound relevant Food Safety & HACCP knowledge for large scale operations
- Involvement in formal inspections process
- Proven record in leadership
- Successful record in raising achievement
- Working with and engaging the involvement of external partners and stakeholders
- The ability to work accurately with figures, manage budgets and control P&L accounts
- Meaningful and vital work - We look after around 5,000 prisoners in our prisons and been in the business for 25 years, employ 2,000 colleagues in our 6 custodial contracts so you can guarantee you'll be delivering an essential service that touch people's lives.
- A world of opportunity - Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
- Great people - We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A fantastic culture and supportive team; volunteer leave; continuous training & development opportunities
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Thrive App, Simply Health Plans, Cycle to Work Scheme Annual Leave Purchase Scheme and more
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals
- The chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion