Cell Line Associate Scientist
A well-established biotech is looking for a cell line specialist to join their development team.
Full Time - 37.5 hours/week
Salary circa £25K/annum - DOE
As a cell culture scientist you will be supporting the culture of patented mammalian cell line for the production of molecules.Your expertise will be with mammalian cell routine techniques of passaging, ideally with CHO cells.
Your ability to work independently and to deadline will be essential to produce molecules according to established protocols and present results to colleagues or clients.
Experience of working in a research laboratory will equips you to troubleshooting and implement new protocols.
Focused on delivering the results, the company is also keen to promote development and there will be opportunities to contribute to projects and learn new skills.
* Degree or MSc or equivalent, with proven laboratory expertise (E)
* Mammalian cell culture (E)
* Cloning and protein production (D)
* CHO cells experience (D)
* Knowledge of Molecular Biology techniques, PCR, ELISA, SDs-PAGE, affinity chromatography (D)
* Ability to work to procedures and quality standards (E)
* Working independently and as part of a team (E)
* Experience in R&D and/or manufacturing environment (D)
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities and training as requested by your line manager.
The company is based on a very popular and well developed science park south of Cambridge that offers commuting buses to the city centre and ample parking if you drive to work.
There is an on-site restaurant for lunch and a large park where tables are available for lunch during the summer months.
The company offers benefits including cycle to work scheme and private medical insurance.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Lynda Dupont on or