Imam Chaplain - HMP Fosse Way
Leicestershire, LE18 4TN
Salary - Up to £32,000 Depending on experience
Permanent (Full-Time, 40 Hrs)
Here at Serco, we are looking for a Imam Chaplain to join our new Category C Prison, HMP Fosse Way.
The main purpose of the role is to exercise a pastoral ministry to the whole establishment for the life and work of the prison. To provide for the religious needs pastoral care and rehabilitation of prisoners of the Muslim Faith.
Some of the other responsibilities of the Iman Chaplain are as follows:
- Undertake the role of Duty Chaplain
- To conduct statutory duties and other generic tasks as allocated by the team programme, to include Tuesday induction group, Monthly Diversity meeting, receptions and segregation.
- To attend the quarterly Multifaith Chaplaincy meeting, appropriate area and Chaplaincy HQ meetings.
- To engage in training required by the company and chaplaincy HQ in consultation with the line manager and Human Resources Manager.
- To explore, devise and deliver a generic bereavement course.
- To train to a position of being able to co-ordinate Marriages within the prison.
- To undertake the pastoral care of Muslim and other prisoners and staff, including the meeting of receptions, discharges, the sick and bereaved and those who change religion to Muslim.
- To undertake pastoral care of Muslim prisoners assisting them to maintain family and community ties.
- To conduct Friday prayers and ensure that there is substitute Imam cover for periods of absence i.e., holidays and training.
- To co-ordinate, brief to the regime and conduct Muslim special events as defined by the PSO. I.e., Ramadhan, Eid.
- To co-ordinate, advise and arrange for authorised Muslim religious artefacts including literature.
- To deliver Islamic studies.
- To develop the volunteer network from the Muslim community organising visitors and special events.
- To authenticate the availability of Halal food within the prison.
What you will need to do the role
Minimum Approved and Authorised Minister recognised by Muslim Advisor and Chaplaincy Headquarters
- Meaningful and vital work - We look after around 5,000 prisoners in our prisons and been in the business for 25 years, employ 2,000 colleagues in our 6 custodial contracts so you can guarantee you'll be delivering an essential service that touch people's lives.
- A world of opportunity - Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
- Great people - We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and pension contribution
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A safe and supportive culture
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package