Chaplaincy Admin - HMP Fosse Way
Leicestershire, LE18 4TN
Salary - Up to £23,000
Permanent (Full-Time, 40 Hrs)
Here at Serco, we are looking for a Chaplaincy Administrator to join our new Category C Prison, HMP Fosse Way.
The role of the Chaplaincy Administrator is based within the Chaplaincy Unit (OMU) working as part of a team, ensuring up to date prisoner records are kept throughout, assist in the delivery of pastoral care, and undertake general administration duties aligned to requirements of department and functional head
Some of the other responsibilities of the Chaplaincy Admin are as follows:
- Updating prison recording systems (NOMIS / local databases) following admission of all new prisoners.
- Complete any administrative duties as required by head of function
- Schedule activities for prisoners in line with agreed plan
- Maintain accurate records for the purpose of reporting & Auditing
- Scheduling, attending, and completing minutes for meetings
- Liaising with both internal and external agencies on behalf of the Chaplaincy team
- Contributing to the smooth running and overall performance within the department
- General admin - filing of documents/parcels as well as collecting/sending mail for the department
What you will need to do the role
English - Grade C or above
Mathematics - Grade C or above
Computer skills - including Outlook and Excel
- Meaningful and vital work - We look after around 5,000 prisoners in our prisons and been in the business for 25 years, employ 2,000 colleagues in our 6 custodial contracts so you can guarantee you'll be delivering an essential service that touch people's lives.
- A world of opportunity - Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
- Great people - We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A safe and supportive culture
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package