Our business is built on strong foundations with people at the core of everything we do and we’re committed to developing our talented team to grow with us.
We are an independently owned vehicle logistics and fleet management company with over 25 years experience in the industry working operating out of 5 main UK depots in Worcester, Bolton, Gloucester, Bedford and Throckmorton. Our company’s culture is very much based on the principles of support, encouragement and the determination to succeed. Through a commitment to high standards of service delivery and quality, a £42m+ turnover and over 350 employees, our business continues to grow with us already working with a number of reputable brands including Mazda, Nissan and Vauxhall.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced class 2 relief Transporter Driver covering 1 car to 5 cars based out of Worcester.
£23,766 - £30,000 per annum
BENEFITS TO JOINING SMH:
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension after 3 months
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discount schemes
- Access to preferential rates on vehicle leasing
- Annual leave purchase scheme (with qualifying period)
- Cycle to Work scheme (with qualifying period)
- Tech Benefits (with qualifying period)
- Childcare vouchers (with qualifying period)
- Regular reviews, training and 121’s to help develop and build your skills
SO A TYPICAL DAY MAY INVOLVE:
- Ensuring transporters are roadworthy and comply with legal requirements.
- Ensuring the safety and security of the vehicles.
- Compiling with Safe Loading and Health and Safety Laws at all times.
- Communicating with external customers and liaise with internal customers where appropriate.
- Liaising with line manager to discuss work related issues.
- Updating records accurately.
- Performing vehicle condition checks and record any visible damage.
- Planning efficient routes.
- Wearing the agreed uniform at all times.
- Making contact with the customer in a timely manner and keep updated with any delays or changes.
WE ARE INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM YOU IF:
- Hold a Class 2 licence with trailer rights
- Hold a CPC card
- Hold a Tachograph card.