Accountable for providing quality technical business analysis services across IT (but notably within IT Delivery) for gathering, analysing, challenging and modelling requirements IT teams to use in creating solutions that meet business needs and drive the business forwards.
- Technical support of the operational service and technical project delivery supporting Business and IT Projects
- Level 2 and Level 3 platform support including reacting to monitoring alerts, fixing incidents, change implementation and co-ordination and managing support queues
- Operational supplier engagement- raising support tickets with Microsoft/ other suppliers and working with them to get operational issues resolved
- Problem analysis, resolution and troubleshooting including engagement with Incident and Problem Management processes
- Operational automation and optimization of the cloud platform
- Being part of the 24x7 on-call shift rota to provide around the clock platform support
- Actively measure performance against metrics, analysing performance and implementing remedial actions where Service targets are not being met
- Establish DevOps tools/practices for cloud infra management at scale - monitoring, logging, configuration management, security
- Infrastructure cloud design, build and configuration
- Building systems using Infrastructure as code framework for provisioning systems
- Working in a continuous integration and continuous delivery model (CI/CD) environment
- Ensuring process compliance at all times, actively taking responsibility for process improvements wherever possible
- Provide meticulous management of IT capacity and improvements
- Integrating backend management systems (ticketing, SIEM) with Azure tooling
- Expand cloud infrastructure knowledge and experience within existing teams
- Being a Technical Lead to the Cloud Engineering team
- Supporting projects and requests on the best approach for cloud technology solutions
Key Skills & Experience:
- Cloud technologies, Azure, Google, AWS, Azure Network and Cloud Security
- Extensive technical knowledge of Azure and preferably Azure certified (70-532, 70-533, 70-534, 70-535).
- IaaS, PaaS, Identity, Networking, Security, RBAC, kubernetes, Containers, Databases, App Services, Monitoring, Backup, Site Recovery.
- Infrastructure Automation and configuration management.
- Knowledge of Azure network resources, including Virtual Networks, Subnets, NSGs etc.
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience of Express Route and secure VPN, creating Firewall change requests & scripting (Azure ARM, Terraform, JSON, PowerShell.
- Degree level education in a computing related subject
- 3+ years IT Infrastructure Azure Cloud and Azure network experience in a DevOps environment
- IT Industry qualifications an advantage
Dixons Carphone is Europe's number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people's expertise to reach out and help new customers. What's more - we're exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It's an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.